Starts with a 1/2-mile swim at Scotts Flat Lake located in Nevada City, California. It's followed by a 11-mile bike ride and ends with a 3-mile run. The bike and run segments wind through the hilly streets of Cascade Shores at the 3200 +/- elevation.
The Swim (.5 mile)
- The swim starts and ends at the Cascade Shores boat launch.
- The course is triangle shaped and consists of 1-loop.
- Swim caps will be provided and are mandatory for safety purposes. Exceptions have been made for latex allergies, please contact us if you have any questions.
- Kayaks are located around the course. If you experience trouble during the swim, wave your arm in the air.
- Participants may rest on boards/noodles without disqualification.
- Wetsuits are allowed regardless of water temperature.
- Swim goggles are recommended but not required.
- Swim Angels are available for any participant requesting an in-the-water companion.
The Bike (11 miles)
.2 miles up Lake Lane, right on Gaston, right on Cascade Loop, right on Pasquale to Red Dog road where you turn around and come back to a left on the second Cascade Loop, right onto Gaston and left onto Lake lane down to the transition area.
The Run (3 miles)
.2 miles up Lake Lane (groan), right on Gaston, right on Cascade Loop, left on Pasquale, pass the Store (go through the intersection), right on Nugget, left on Pasquale, right on Mountain View, left on Quaker Hill, right at the Store, right on Cascade Loop, right on Spanish to the finish line on Spanish.
Water, refreshments and massages will be available in the finish area for athletes only.
- There is a single, paved transition area (sloped)
- The transition area opens at 7:00 AM.
- No glass containers in the transition area.
- Only participants are allowed in the transition area.
- Restrooms available.
Lake Lane will be closed to all traffic.